Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My special exemption from Chinese

I'm suppose to have Chinese tutorial now but NOOOO, i'm in the library blogging=). Earlier on i had to follow my class to some cabin classroom to meet the Chinese teacher i would have been under if not for the exemption. For a start, she made me climb up onto the chairs to on the air-conditioners manually. Then i had to explain to her my exceptional case with my powderful command of chinese and head-nodds. Obviously PEOPLE! i am able to comprehend the language but maybe not the "cheem" terms...

What is life like without chinese? Well, on the goodside, i just have more free time to slack around and BLOG like what i'm doing now=)Really it's fun! On top of that, i have one less subject to study for during tests and examinations. SWEETTT! But on the sour side, it deprives me of one "communicatable" language making it seem difficult to strike a lasting conversation between the chinese educated. Sigh. sad sad...

As everyone knows, i'm dyslexic. Dictionary.com describes it as "A learning disorder marked by impairment of the ability to recognize and comprehend written words." while cambridge says "a difficulty with reading and writing caused by the brain's inability to see the difference between some letter shapes". Take it which ever way you want but my description of Dyslexia is "God's gift to me"=). With this serendipitous "ability" i hope to inspire CERTAIN students back in my secondary school (if you knew my history you'd know what i mean).

I'll elaborate more the next time round... gotta complete my chemistry tutorial... bah...

No comments: