Saturday, January 14, 2006

My first two weeks in Singapore...


At last i'm back home in JB. Nothing can beat my queensized bed, desktop computers, Television sets and the ample space i have at home. First week of school was rather interesting. I remembered how much my uniform contrasted with others from more recognised institutions and schools. Naturally, i was lost for i had no immediate friends. Assembly was quite a sight to behold cos' the anthem and school "anthem" (that's what they call it) was sung by the choir unlike my seconary school where we normally play it off a CD and more often than not screw ups happen. Then there is daily devotions. One every morning and for the next two years (if i do continue). Oh, not to forget. It's held in this air-conditioned hall (something i was deprived of for the past ten years) with friggin' CHAIRS to sit on =). How awesome is that!!! heehee. These came to me as a culture shock i admit.

My orientation group is called Pandora which is one of the many subsets of a so called "lostinhellin" which is simply a house. I'll be moving around with this OG for the next month or so till the O results are released. What about my OG? It's made up on an interesting bunch of people. Every now and then we'll have OG outings during the weekend but more often than not i'm always caught up in my own activity. I'm feeling damn bad already. There's like one in the evening later but i have a farewell party (priority) to attend. I missed last weekend's one as well cos' i went on vacation to Langkawi. hah. Nevermind, i'm sure there's gonna be more up coming ones in the NEAR future. Anyway, orientation week was the funnest. I vividly remember the mud-slide and butt waddle, water cum starch bomb activities, the two dances and heaps of cheers to memorise before the campfire, which i sadly didn't attend cos' of the vacation (i'll talk about it on another entry). Yeah, we do almost everything together like attending mock lectures (during which we play 10 by 10 bingo or hangman for some people), havin' lunch just to name a few. Lessons proper hasn't started yet cos it was only yesterday that we applied for subjects. I'll be doing H2 Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and a H1 Economics together with General paper and Project work. Well that's what i applied for at least. I'll only know my class next week. =) Hopefully i'm with someone i know so it'll save me the trouble of having to reacquaint myself. haha kiddin'.

I signed up for Canoeing and Dragonboat plus Golf during the CCA exhibition. I'm actually more interested in water related activities. Swimming would be my preferred choice but i've been through competitive training and i didn'nt like the feel. I'm a slacker in LOVE with Ben&Jerry's i know =). Well, on top of that i also have a dislocatable right shoulder and it wouldn't be glamourous if it poped out halfway during and event. But i'll gladly pop it in and out for you to see on request. heehee... So i'm hoping it wouldn't be a regret doing what i'm doing =D. First meeting will be on monday at 4:45pm... so late in the afternoon... I'm not very sure myself whether or not i'm up for golf. I'll have to do a little consultation. There's even a fee to pay i guess... like 30 bucks a month... heehee. I don't mind the cash really but i'm more concern about the frequency of Dragonboat training. heh. We'll see how it turns out. I'll update you again on myself next week... heh =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You signed up for dragon boating too? Physically wise it's pretty demanding but it builds up your mentality. For my instituition, we train at least three times a week but most of us go for the extra mile on non training days. You probably have to find out more from your seniors aye? Considering the fact that you're taking up four A's, you might wanna join an activity that's less hectic. Biology itself entails alot of revision as it probably has little relation to your theta waves. Bottom line, strike a balance between two for i believe you wanna a secure a place in university. Give it some thought before you arrive to a conclusion yah? You've always been very clear about your direction in lfe and your loved ones have always been there to guide you along. Meanwhile, enjoy your college days till we meet next time. Take heart!:)

JeReMy said...

Oh yeah, i'm pretty darn sure i wanna join... =)